Saint John’s Episcopal Church was organized on April 12th, 1856. We are the oldest church in Saint Cloud.
The cornerstone for the first church was laid August 20th, 1856 on fourth avenue between sixth and seventh streets. The new church was Consecrated on May 11th, 1858. In 1861 it was moved to the corner of fourth avenue and fourth street. With many additions and renovations it served us until August 6, 1969 when was hit by lightning and burned. A new building was constructed on the site. We outgrew that building and constructed the current church at the corner of Roosevelt Road and Cooper Avenue. It was consecrated on May 28th, 1998.